Saturday, June 1, 2013

Beachy keen

shorts: thirfted, CA (similar) // shirt: h&m via thrift, CA (similar) // shoes: thrifted, ME // belt: thrifted, VT // hat: thrifted, ME (similar) // bag: thrifted, ME // sunnies: UO // earrings: boutique in NH (similar)

Here are two great things about living in Portland, Maine:
  1. It gets really, really, really hot sometimes (yes, I know -- this can be the worst... but after a few years of San Francisco summers, I'm relishing the scorching temperatures); and
  2. It is really, really, really easy to go to swimming at the beach.
These two truths have made today (and Thursday and Friday, after hectic days at work) absolutely wonderful. Plus, I managed to not get a sunburn -- look ma, I'm all grown up! I finally mastered the art of applying sunscreen; it only took 26 years. Aren't you proud?




11 comments:

  1. Funny, I always fought my mom about putting sunscreen on. But now I never leave the house without it! Love the hat!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a chic summer outfit,nice top and hat.
    Do visit my blog and if you like,follow on GFC, Bloglovin and Facebook,leave a comment and i'll surely follow back! have a Nice Day!

    http://feistyfoxdiaries.blogspot.in/
    https://www.facebook.com/feistyfoxdiaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so great! look at that tiny waist! we still don't have lake weather here :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm dying over these shorts. how do they fit you so well? did you thrift them as shorts? did you cut and cuff them yourself? how are you do beautiful!?

    burning questions, i know.

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, also -- yes! I thrifted some truly stellar mom jeans and cut 'em to my liking. Finding pants at thrift stores is near impossible for me, but finding pants to turn into jeans? Easy, peasy.

      Delete
  5. Such a nice printed top! :)

    Glad you are enjoying the warm summer - I'm jealous of your weather, it's very cold over here! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look adorable, Lily! Perfect outfit for a summer's day! (That hat is such a great finishing touch, too!)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so beautiful! Love the bag and hat... suits you :) Check out my blog... and what do you think... do you wanna follow each other?
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look SO cute! Love those shorts, and what an adorable hat :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. TWO TRUE STORIES: I'm finalizing a post rightnow, AND I spent a good 20 minutes today reading through your archives. Nicole! I miss you! I'm back! I swear!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover