Friday, April 26, 2013

See my vest

skirt: forever 21 // chambray: forever 21 (similar) // vest: thrifted, VT // scarf: target via thrift, CA (similar) // shoes: urban outfitters (exact) // glasses: c/o firmoo.com (exact) // earrings: borrowed from my ma -- thanks, ma! 

Here's what I learned today: it's basically impossible for me to wear a vest and not constantly sing this from The Simpsons. (I also learned it's impossible to find a better quality video of that clip online, so I guess I learned two important life lessons today.) I didn't start the day off wearing a vest, though; initially I was vest-free and had on a belt, but I'm at my parents' house for the day and found this weird little number in the attic, so I decided to make good on the promise I made myself when I bought it years and years ago -- namely, that I'd totally, absolutely wear this bad-boy nonstop. I think I proceeded to wear it a total of zero times, and even though it didn't put me back much financially (fifty cents ain't so bad), I'd like to think that I'm an honest person who keeps her word. So, here goes -- enter The Vest into my regular wardrobe. Thoughts? Ideas? Concerns? I promise to not upgrade to one made out of puppy hair, if that puts you at ease a bit (I'm no Mr Burns!).




20 comments:

  1. The scarf! I need to find one.

    I think the vest stays. Your original vision for it should be lived out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the vest! and that is the perfect chambray shirt.

    -Emma from little motley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the vest is a perfect addition to this outfit. It just helps give it something extra.. which I always seem to like in outfits. And that skirt is awesome, I really love the color of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made of real gorilla chest!

    What sort of texture is your skirt? It looks kind of like it's shiny- but it's not, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, it is sort of shiny... but in a subtle way, not a "Vegas, here I come!" kind of thing. Forever 21, polyester blend I think?

      Delete
  5. It's definitely a promise that you should keep! This vest makes the perfect addition to your wardrobe! Hope you're settling well into your new place:)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha another blog I read just referenced that song too! So funny :p I really like the vest on you!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the go-to vest reference, I guess? For me at least -- what can I say? I watched a lot of The Simpsons growing up!

      Delete
  7. I owned a vest at one time but had no idea what to do with it. You look amazing! I love everything about this!

    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think the vest is such a cute addition to this outfit. you're so good at outerwear! i would maybe pair a vest with a fit and flare dress. or maybe a little shift dress to add some shape? oooor some high-waisted shorts. i say this having never actively worn a vest past girl scouts. but now i might have to start!

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love that you posted that song from the Simpsons, I used to be an avid Simpsons watcher as a child! Every time you wear that scarf I'm reminded that I am in need of a hot pink scarf. I'm also loving that vest, I hate when I purchase something with the intention of wearing it non-stop and then it just doesn't happen.

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the vest is fun! A quick and easy way to layer for sure. I still want that scarf! It's so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vests are one of my favorite wardrobe staples, they add an extra layer and oomph to any outfit :) and i think it goes awesome with this outfit. and 50 cents?! teach me your shopping ninja ways!

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlen, I absolutely 100% love that phrase... shopping ninja! Perfect. Though, my secrets are pretty well-known: small-town thrift stores = gold mines.

      Delete
  12. Cute outfit and blog!


    When you get a chance, stop over my blog, I'm holding a giveaway for a Naked 2 palette!
    Naked 2 Palette Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the vest is adorable...especially with the chambray and that fabulous skirt!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love styling a vest and I love how you styled yours! Your red skirt is gorgeous.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable. I think the vest looks great! But after perusing your blog, I also really really love your style so I might be biased.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your denim top and skirt.. cute outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover