Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Return of The Dress

dress: madewell (exact) // shoes: j crew factory (exact) // cardigan: madewell via thrift, CA // scarf: thrifted, MA // belt: thrifted, VT 

It's officially Spring here in Maine, but I somehow ended up in an autumnal/wintery color scheme today. I had on a bright yellow neon cardigan at one point while getting dressed, but gravitated back towards these neutral-heavy hues -- I'll have to wear some crazy brights tomorrow to make up for it! (I don't think she's posted yet, but be sure to check out Sarah at Closet Bookworm who styled this same dress in a much more Spring-y way earlier this week.)

Sidenote: I still love this dress so hard -- it's a good reminder to buy the pieces that I really want and love even if they cost a little more, instead of picking up random items because they're on sale or super-cheap at a thrift store. I definitely lean towards the latter strategy when it comes to shopping, and it's left me with a hodge-podge closet that still has some major holes in it. No more of that!

18 comments:

  1. Love this outfit, even though if it's all neutrals, it's adorable. That dress was totally worth the splurge. I know exactly how you feel, I impulse buy so many things because they're a good deal. It's the things that I love and splurge on that really steal my heart!

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute dress!! Great blog!
    XO
    SJ
    www.fashinny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf! And the color of that cardigan is fantastic--I've been looking for a cardigan that color for a while now :p But yeah, I have the same problem oh it's cheap...I'll buy it. So I have a ton of those cheap thrift store pieces that are just...there. I have been better about buying pieces I love though.

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you styled that dress! I have it too and it's def one of my faves...so comfy :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress and the styling is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great on you! I'm guilty of shopping the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect! Somehow, you can always swing all-neutral ensembles. You'll have to do a blog course on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I NEED that dress! Every time I see it on a blogger I want to buy it right then and there. You look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is very pretty and I love how you styled it with a burgundy cardigan.


    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo la la, this outfit is very pretty! i keep forgetting to wear scarves, they really do add such a pretty touch. and i totally do the whole autumn color scheme during summer too- sometimes the habit is hard to break!

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes a splurge is so worth it :) It's nice to hear that you really love this dress, buyer's regret is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress!

    xo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the outfit, gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay dress! i should wear mine again soon!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait to see how you style it for warmer weather. Isn't it perfect for ... well, everything, but I was going to say: Sunday brunches and strolls?

      Delete
  15. That grey dress is beautiful! I love the autumn colours with it too :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet look. You look completely ready for a Spring picnic! And I definitely know what you mean about shopping smarter. I'm always trying to fill my wardrobe holes. :)

    Simply Attired

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover