Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Love that dirty water

tunic: UO (similar) // skinnies: ambiance // boots: steve madden (similar) // blazer: h&m // scarf: ?? // necklace: ambiance // hat: UO (similar) // bag: UO (similar)

I usually keep it light on my blog, but I love Boston something fierce and would be remiss to not mention the tragic events that happened yesterday. Sincere gratitude to all who've contacted me with your support and love -- thankfully, all my family and friends are so far accounted for, though I know many people who know others less fortunate. My love and thoughts go out to those families and friends who are suffering such a deep and harrowing loss.

A friend of mine, who also happens to be much better at putting thoughts into words than I am, wrote a little something that I thoroughly recommend reading if you have the time. I also think it's also worth noting that sadly, this is not the only violent tragedy that occurred yesterday (for example, a US bomb killed 30 people at an Afhgan wedding) -- while I am closer to one of these events, that doesn't make it any more tragic or upsetting.

I'm feeling the effects of all this pretty hard emotionally, so I think that's it for me today. The quick updates are that we made it to Maine, the apartment is great, and we're so thrilled to have moved -- but I'm not in the right mood to write about all that just yet, so here are some quick outfit pics from before we left Boston:


11 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! So very glad that you and your loved ones are all safe, and so very heartbroken that that's not the case for everyone. Jealous of that gorgeous foliage you are frolicking in.

    <3,
    p

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so glad to hear you and your loved ones are safe and sound. Thanks for giving a little update, this Texan was worried.

    Side note: that backdrop.. amazing! Those trees are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures :)

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so beautiful and i'm so glad to hear that you're safe. as soon as dago texted me about the bombs going off, my mind went to all of my blog friends in boston. i can't even imagine the shock and devastation going through everyone's minds around the city right now and for people more closely affected by the attack. boston has fostered some absolutely amazing people and i know you'll all be strong for each other, as the whole nation will continue to be from a distance.

    finding the right words to say right now is really hard. i hope you know that i mean all of that genuinely, even if it reads a little superficially.

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for bringing to attention the bombing in Afganistan yesterday, too. I completely missed that with all the media buzz about the tragedy in Boston. You're right, neither is more upsetting, and both deserve attention. That being said, I'm glad you and yours were safe. As far as I know, all my family stayed in the central/West part of Massachusetts, and my friend got out of Boston the night before yesterday. Crazy.


    http://brokebutnotbreaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have matched your bag to your necklace, it looks really cute :) Also I'm so glad you and your loved ones are unscathed! Take some extra time to charge your batteries if you need to xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The teal mixed with the earth tones is really interesting and pretty.

    Also...I posted NBC's article on what people can do to help in Boston at my blog, littlemotley.blogspot.com, if you want to grab it to link yourself. Google probably works, too.

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool outfit

    xxx Zari
    http://le-style-blog.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6811423

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit! I am loving your handbag and also your boots!

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such horrible news what happened in Boston. I'm glad your family and friends are safe, the whole world heard about what happened and even in Australia people were shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and
    let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not
    sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

    My blog: perfect waist To hip ratio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover