Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jet lagged

jeans: urban outfitters // shoes: h&m // belt: street sale, SF // tank: target // lace t-shirt: f21 (exact) // necklace: made out of an old purse string // cardigan: target via thrift, CA (similar) // bag: thrifted, ME // scarf: target via thrift (similar)

Oh, hai there! It's been awhile. Moving across the country is... not so much fun; true story. I spent most of last week juggling packing, cleaning, working, and saying goodbye to friends and family. It was jam-packed, followed by a restless night's sleep in our apartment, sans-mattress (pro tip: sleeping on a wooden floor? Not so comfortable), and then hectic flight from San Francisco to Boston with two drugged and unhappy felines. As you can imagine, it's been an exhausting week, and I haven't had the time to think about blogging. I've missed you all -- how have you been?

As these pics demonstrate, I'm pretty sleepy these days -- the cats have made a quick transition to East Coast time, waking me up to feed them when the sun comes up, but 6:30 am EST feels like 3:30 am to me still, which is... too early. Way too early. These pics were taken our first day in Boston (in Cambridge, actually), and I can't get over how tired I look (and sadly still feel, three days later). I'm looking forward to being done with this transitional phase and fully adjusted to our new routines -- or at least moved into our apartment in Maine (we get the keys tomorrow -- yippee!).


14 comments:

  1. i looove these photos! boston looks good on you, m'dear.

    also, one of my loveliest blog friends lives in boston. elissa of style-wire is awesome and y'all should meet up sometime (and then visit austin to come see me!).

    go get some sleep!

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rather in love with that scarf.. and that door.
    Maybe one day I'll make it to Boston, I've always always wanted to visit (and a flight delay there doesn't count!) So much amazingness I want to see!

    Glad to hear you made it there okay! :)

    Kristina
    kristina in retroworter

    ReplyDelete
  3. your scarf is SERIOUSLY amazing. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if you're tired, you still look cute :) I hope you adjust quickly! I know time differences can be awful!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of this outfit and the backdrop, gorgeous photos! Good luck with the move!

    BTW, you have a great blog, would you like to follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. great sweater! love it with the jeans and the scarf :) perfect pops of color!

    -Emma from littlemotley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that background!
    Love the outfit!
    Love the belt especially!
    new follower now!

    patternedlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a big move all the way across the country! I'm glad you made it safe with your kitties all in one piece. I'm loving this outfit the green and bright pink look amazing together.

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you got moved! It sounds so exhausting and you look SO good for how tired you claim to be!
    Praying the continued transition goes well!

    Blessings, dear!
    Star
    http://www.beautyandbows.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dearest, I'm praying you and all of your loved ones are fine. I'm so distraught with all of that's gone on in Boston this morning. You're the first person that came to my mind when I found out. Thoughts and prayers are all going y'all's way.

    xo
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina,
      Thanks so much for your thoughts and kind words. My family and friends are all okay, from what I've managed to hear so far. It's a scary, hard time and I heart Boston like nothing else. Sending love and thanks right back atcha.
      --Lily

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute! Glad the move went well...it can be so overwhelming but you'll get there :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover