Friday, April 5, 2013

BRB

dress: gap, old (similar) // shirt: urban outfitters (similar) // shoes: f21 // necklace: thrifted // glasses: c/o firmoo.com (exact) // bag: thrifted, ME // belt: thrifted, VT

A quick post -- this is what I wore a few days ago for packing, and then out to grab a bite to eat with friends. Truth be told, I ended up swapping the necklace out for a scarf that I tied around my neck like I was an stewardess from the '60s. I think I liked that iteration slightly better than this one, but didn't manage to snap any pics -- as is, I only got two of this version! At this point in the week (and t minus 4 days 'til we move cross-country), I'm amazed I'm able to remember to put on clothes at all. I've been living in a pair of too-big black skinnies and a gray t; perfect for packing, but not quite blog-worthy.

Oh, and these glasses? I got these c/o Firmoo.com last week, and I really love 'em. Ordering glasses online is especially scary, but I actually like these more than my others (last seen here). These are lightweight, don't fall off my face, and help me see better -- basically, the main things I look for in a pair of specs. Plus, they're well-made but inexpensive. If you're in the market, check out Firmoo's promo: you get the first one free (you cover shipping; new customers only).

And, just a heads-up: I'm sorry to say, but I think it's unlikely I'll have time for blogging until late next week. Isn't moving the worst? Thanks for all the sweet comments on my last post -- I can't wait to see all your recent looks. I'll have a lot to read through once I get back to a regular schedule!


21 comments:

  1. Ughh I hate packing but I love your dress! Good luck with your move!

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily, you look so different! It's only been a week-and-a-half! I love this outfit and how you veer away from schoolgirlish with the dreamcatcher necklace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and comfy! I love the layering of your shirt under the dress!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your move goes well! Your outfit is adorable :) I recently discovered that I love wearing shirts underneath dresses!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your layering with the shirt under the dress :)

    I hope your move goes smoothly - it's getting closer now so I understand you will be very busy!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never moved in my life, but I can only imagine how stressful it is! I agree with Mica, hopefully everything goes smoothly and the transition is a breeze! Where are you moving to? Btw, I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lily! I love the way you've accessorised with your necklace and your cute moccasins. Have a great day lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the dress and the stripes you look so cute!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck with the move, lady! i got some firmoo sunnies a couple weeks ago and i was similarly impresed with the quality to price tag ratio.

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so cute! I love the blouse underneath the dress! Good luck with your move!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you layered under that dress - SO cute! And those glasses look awesome on you :) So exciting that you are moving so soon!!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dress and glasses! Good luck moving - hope everything goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WAIT WAIT - before you go please tell me who cut your hair? I can't find a decent curly-hair cutter in the Bay Area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to Public Salon -- there's one in the Tenderloin and one up by Washington Square Park; it's sort of hit-or-miss, but you get a can of beer while you wait? I've got my priorities in order, please and thank you. Let me know where you end up!

      Delete
  15. Lovely outfit! I am loving your dress!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say, I really like this outfit. Your style is so retro and classy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I already commented on this post, but, I wanted you to know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out the rules here: http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover