Monday, March 4, 2013

Winter whites, almost

skirt: jcrew via thrift, CA (similar) // sweater: h&m via thrift (similar) // tights: hue // boots: steve madden (similar) // scarf: thrifted, VT // earrings: gift -- thanks, thom! (similar color, different style but absolutely lovely) // bag: h&m, old

I'm pretty uncoordinated, so this is as close as I'll get to wearing an all-white outfit. Seriously -- I spill on myself way too frequently; I take public transit on the regular... I just don't think I have what it takes. This outfit is more my style though -- creams and off-whites that can hide a smudge or stain or two. Or three. Or four -- I'm not lying when I say I'm uncoordinated. I added some varying shades of browns and a pretty turquoise scarf to spice things up, tossed up my hair and was ready to head out the door... when promptly accidentally dumped lentil soup on sweater. See what I'm saying? But whatever -- the outfit worked, lentils or no.

Also, team -- this is it: I'm done! My 30-30 is officially over and tomorrow, I can wear anything from my closet. In the immortal words of Jessie Spano: "I'm so excited, I'm so excited... I'm so scared!" Stay tuned for a recap on the challenge, and the new crazy combinations I come up with when I have access to all my clothes. Thanks for sticking with me and your kind words of encouragement!

Ps. I'm featured by Shana over at Colorblind as the Thrifter's Anonymous Member of the Week! (And, of course I'm wearing this same skirt). Thanks Shana -- you're making me blush. If you haven't discovered Shana's blog yet, I thoroughly recommend it -- she's got some thrifting skills you wouldn't believe.


14 comments:

  1. I agree, I'm not a huge fan of wearing white-white clothing. I tend to go for creams and ivories because I think they are more flattering to wear. I love the darker accessories mixed with the pop of color on your scarf!


    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skirt looks great on you :)
    xoxo, seyh

    acethylen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous skirt! Love how you styled it! And congrats on your final day of your challenge! It was awesome!

    Blessings!
    Star
    www.beautyandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that you quoted Jessie Spano :) And I prefer creams rather than whites too (I may also be clumsy). That skirt is gorgeous, and I love the green scarf with this outfit...so pretty!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two thumbs up for your winning Jessie Spano quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phebe... I feel as though no one understands me more than you.

      Delete
    2. I'm right there with you ladies...the Jesie Spano quote totally made me giggle. Let thIs be a lesson to all of us to never become addicted to caffeine pills. In other news, I LOVE the white on white outfit!

      Delete
    3. This is Linda, by the way--your other pop culture soulmate!

      Delete
  6. I have an advantage of white on white (I used to be in the navy), practice does help! But that aside I love you take on this trend and am lusting after your sequin skirt.

    Your newest follower I would love it if you could link your 30-30-30 summary with us at Wardrobe Wednesday tomorrow (but I'll be coming back to see it regardless!). Thanks for so many new inspiration pics for my file :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous scarf! Such a great thrift find :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look! Gorgeous scarf! I have those boots too! Are they not the best boots EVER?!!! Comfort and versatility wise! I wish they would sell them again...they have something similar with the side buckle (which I got), but they are not the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I looooove these boots -- I've had to get them fixed up a few times (to be fair, I've owned them for... something close to 4 years), but it's totally worth it. They're so versatile, and I love the color.

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely skirt :) Really like the addition of colour with the printed scarf too :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover