Friday, March 1, 2013

Time travel

dress: ralph lauren via macy's (similar colors, similar style) // boots: steve madden (similar) // striped shirt: h&m via thrift, CA // scalloped bag: thrifted, CA // belt: thrifted, VT

Here's some time travel for you all -- a look from a few days ago, pre-haircut. Looking at these pictures, I am so glad I got my hair cleaned up; it was getting pretty shabby. Plus, what is going on with my bangs in these pictures? It's like I have a perfectly circular bald spot... on my forehead? Oh, the trials and tribulations of having curls, and hair that grows like weeds! 

Also, if this 30-30 has taught me anything, it's this: long sleeve striped shirts are my favorite. I copied myself on this look from last week: I threw a dress over my trusted stripes, added boots, bright lips and a belt, and headed out the door. With such a loud print, I wanted to keep everything else pretty tame. It's hard to tell in these shots, but this dress is covered in little mushrooms -- I love weird details like that.


19 comments:

  1. This dress is SO adorable and I ADORE that crazy awesome clutch! Great outfit, girl! (am I sounding annoyingly repetitive? It's just that I love all your outfits!)

    Blessings!
    www.beautyandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah -- thanks, Star. High praise from you, since I love your looks, too!

      Delete
  2. lovely blog.would you like to follow each others? visit me at http://pictura-pe-unghii.blogspot.ro/ and let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look very cute in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute idea to wear a striped shirt under a dress - they really do go with everything!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would have never thought to wear a striped shirt under a dress like this, but i love it so much! cute details in a print is one of my very favorite things. um and your clutch. yeah.
    xo writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely printed dress, I really like it with the striped shirt underneath! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Nicole, I would've never thought to do this, but I'm loving it!
    And that clutch..oh my goodness! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off I love your hair! and I love how you added the skirt! Just lovely!


    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Your boots are gorgeous.

    xx

    www.styleofpurity.com
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello sweety, very nice blog and photos, loved so much! In some photos you look like Marion Cotillard :) Would you like to follow each other? If you say yes, just leave a comment after following and I'll definetely follow back! :) Kisses..

    With love,
    Zümra

    http://lunapakqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I'm heading to check out your blog now -- can't wait!

      Delete
  11. I just came across your blog yesterday and I love it, your style is so original. I really like this dress and I would have never thought to layer a shirt underneath it, but it looks great!

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love how you put a striped shirt under this printed dress. Such a fresh idea, and it looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE prints with stripes! Cute outfit!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came across your lovely blog and I am following you now! I have a blog about skincare. Hopefully you'd like to follow back!

    lovebareskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the pattern mixing you have going on here - it's unexpected but it totally works

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover