Saturday, March 2, 2013

Style inspiration: TGIF line-up

high-waisted skinnies: ambiance (exact) // black turtleneck: f21 (similar) // moss cardigan: gap via thrift (similar) // boots: steve madden (similar) // hat: thrifted, CA (love this one, too -- dear universe, please let me find sometime similar at a thrift store in Maine, mkay?) // bag: thrifted, VT // belt: thrifted, VT // socks: gift -- thanks, EV! // short necklace: f21 // long necklace: thrifted, CA

Any chance y'all watched TGIF on ABC when you were younger? Great, stay with me, here -- remember that one night when all the characters from Sabrina, Boy Meets World, You Wish and Teen Angel*  were transported back in time to different decades? No? Seriously? Sabrina's cat, Salem, ate a timeball or something? Huh. Ok, well... I feel like my overall style is a little like that quintessential TGIF line-up -- a dash from the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. (I'll let you guess from which era this look is inspired.) 

And yeah, I know... that was a weird, roundabout way to make this point. But that's the way my brain works -- a constant stream of references to 90's pop culture. Don't get me started on Spice Girls. 

* I have to take every chance I can get to talk about Teen Angel because I still cannot get over what a weird premise it had: one friend dares another to eat an old hamburger found under his bed, so he does. And, he dies. And then becomes said friend's guardian angel. But he was really bad at it, or something? If, by some chance, you actually do remember this show, please let me know in the comments. I've only ever met one other person who will admit to watching it, and it has provided us with endless fodder for happy-hour discussions. (Hi, Phebe!)


25 comments:

  1. One: you're adorable.
    Two: I'm in love with this outfit.
    Three: I love that it has inspiration from lots of different decades.
    Four: THOSE NECKLACES!!
    Five: I have no idea what Teen Angel is, but it sounds hilarious.
    Six: I miss Boy Meets World and Sabrina, a lot.
    Seven: I really really love your hair. I know I already said that, but that close up picture verifies my already certain feelings!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I totally watched Teen Angel!! Like, I loved it and was devastated when it got cancelled after one season. Sadly, I do not remember the actual premise at all, but I love that a kid died from eating a hamburger and became a shitty guardian angel. Thanks for the flashback! And great blog! I'll definitely be following!

    Kaitlin
    teaandsequin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssssssss, welcome to the totally exclusive club called "The Few, The Proud: I Watched Teen Angel." So far we only have three members, but we're sure to grow in size, eventually...

      Delete
  3. Such a cute look! Thank you so much for following my blog! I'm following back:)! Btw, I loved TGIF....it gave me something to look forward to every Friday:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic post - great blog - would you like to follow each other just let me know I wait for you on my blog xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it and following (:

    (check out my blog: www.pinkie-love-forever.blogspot.com)


    ReplyDelete
  6. Those necklaces seriously make your look! Also, this looks like something I would put together... Except I would wear big, floppy hat (I don't have cute, short curls) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd had a big floppy hat! It's what I wanted, but I had to make do. Glad it seemed intentional, though :)

      Delete
  7. nice post
    do you want to follow each other?

    http://nanikratliff.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog!
    Do you wanna follow each other?

    Kisses, Den.

    www.thebsheep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your necklaces, great look.
    Sorry I didn't watch Teen Angel, but I will admit to watching Sabrina and Boy Meets World!

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu look gorgeous. Love the boots.
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!

    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ Hugs..

    http://www.youtube.com/pathymakeup
    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. HOW HAVE WE NOT DISCUSSED THIS.
    2. your hair. so great.
    3. your hat! your necklaces! your whole outfit! love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, especially those necklaces. And your hair! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie -- you've got some of the best locks in town, so that means a lot!

      Delete
  14. Cute!! Also, I gave you socks? When? Under what circumstances? Or do you have another friend named EV?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute!! Also, I gave you socks? When? Under what circumstances? Or do you have another friend named EV?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was you! After you came back that summer from... somewhere? Peru? Where did you go?

      Delete
  16. Yessss to Teen Angel and YESSS to your outfit. I love everything about this post. That hat! Those boots! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. So your hair is ADORABLE. love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did we not hold an entire conversation about that crossover event episode once??? I could have sworn we did and even found the episode on youtube (Should be embarrassed by that...am not).
    Was that someone else?? If it was, then there are at least 2 more people that watched Teen Angel as well! Corbin Allred 4ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (PS: Love the outfit, stealing those boots someday)

      Delete
  19. I vaguely remember Teen Angel, but I do remember the time travel night on TGIF. Those necklaces are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whatever you have provided for us in these posts really appreciative. OROGOLD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover