Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Springy

skirt: thrifted, CA // shirt: h&m (similar) // shoes: thrifted, MA (similar) // necklace: forever 21 (similar, but much more expensive -- sorry!) // bag: thrifted, CA (similar) // belt: thrifted, VT


Today's forecast was hot, hot, hot -- though when we took these pics, it was still a bit foggy, chilly and gray. (I'm a really good actress, you guys -- that's why you can't tell from these photos. Duh.) Luckily by noon, it had officially heated up, which meant that for the first time in forever it was warm enough to eat lunch outside... in my office's rooftop garden. Not too shabby, I know. Plus, doesn't this outfit just beg to be worn whilst in good company, eating a chicken torta, sitting in the sun, surrounded by lemon trees and bright California flora? I think yes, so that's exactly what I did.

PS. I'm honored to be chosen as this week's featured blogger by Kelly over at Kiwi Womens Style -- this week's theme is "Scary Colors," which is perfect for me (if you're a frequent reader of Fifth Freedom Fashion, you'll know I've been pretty into bright hues recently). She's also hosting a pretty rad link-up, which you should definitely check out. Thanks again, Kelly!




20 comments:

  1. You do have a terrific eye for color, whether it's identifying everything that can be improved by an olive green cardigan or just mixing it up with daring brights :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love this skirt, every time you wear it!

      Delete
    2. Ooh, guess what? I'M WEARING PURPLE AND GREEN. I stole that idea from you, subconsciously I think. So, you get credit for this one.

      Delete
    3. Gasp! You are! I didn't even register it!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love it! You are so darling, and your style seems like something I'd definitely relate to :) I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this outfit! I love the skirt and all the colors!It really makes me miss warm weather! If I didn't have a long walk on campus I'd wear skirts more...but it's been really cold and windy lately :(

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. That skirt and those shoes are the best colors ever. Love that you thrifted both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skirt and agate necklace!

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this outfit! The skirt is SO pretty, and so is that necklace. And eating chicken torta near lemon trees? Sign me up :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Happy spring!! I am a bit over summer, myself.
    2. I am pea-green with envy that you get a rooftop garden in your office. We have a BBQ area but it gets hot in summer and wet in winter so no one really bothers.
    3. Congrats on your feature! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHH I love that skirt! I love that you find gems at thrift stores but I'm so sad I have no idea where that skirt is from! I would run out and but it in a heartbeat if I could! I love it with the plain tee, belt, shoes, everything looks perfect!


    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish we would have thrist shop where I live


    Can you have a look at my blog and tell me your opinion ? http://carlysscloset.blogspot.fr/ xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that skirt is so pretty! I love the length, the colors and the print! Great thrift find!!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that skirt! Such a gorgeous pattern! Perfect springy look:)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that sounds like the perfect activity to do while wearing this perfect spring outfit!! i love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that skirt! And I'm jealous that your work has a rooftop garden - how awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pattern on that skirt and jealous of your lunch surroundings. I usually have to eat at my desk...haha.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    1,000 Follower Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing blog ! I follow you and please visit mine blog


    www.dede-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover