Sunday, March 10, 2013

Purple flowers

black maxi dress: old navy via thrift, CA (exact) // lace shirt: f21 (exact) // jacket: thrifted (similar) // scarf: f21 (exact) // shoes: urban outfitters // necklace: thrifted, CA -- made from an old purse chain! // sunnies: prague street vendor // bag: thrifted, CA

I spent a lot of time cleaning the apartment and going through my closet this weekend, which naturally meant that I changed my clothes an insane amount of times -- so, this is what I wore at some point on Saturday for a quick walk and out for date-night dinner at a nearby restaurant. Then the sun set and I was freezing, so I threw on a new look and met up with friends for drinks and chocolate. Before all this, I hung out with my sister and niece and wore something completely different. I guess it was just a three outfit minimum kind of day -- and that's not even counting all the abandoned items found in my wardrobe that I wore around the house while trying to talk myself into donating them to Goodwill. I am in awe of those of you out there who are able to get rid of pieces you doubt you'll wear again. It's a skill I'd really like to cultivate, instead of ferociously hoarding silkscreened t-shirts that I made when was seventeen. (Whyyyyy do I still have so many of these?)

Other life challenges? Taking pictures of black maxis on an iPhone. Kudos to my cameraman for his many attempts!


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and I love your purple scarf!!

    elle [wonderfelle world]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same Sunday as your Saturday. How did I get all this stuff? How did it get into my life? I am starting to see my friend's wisdom: Possessions are problems.

    Right now, I am wearing some very cute BB Dakota shorts, a worn-out house-cleaning t-shirt and a pair of doubtful wedge shoes. Earlier? A skirt and t-shirt and sandals to sell stuff at Buffalo Exchange. And before that, a sundress and sweater both on their last hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl. i'm just gonna move into your closet. and wear all of your clothes.

    weird question, but how tall are you? i'm really picky about the length of maxi dresses and this one appears to fit you perfectly.

    you're my favorite. come to austin?
    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I wish I could come to Austin... Maybe I'll squeeze in a trip somehow in the next year and we can meet up!

      As for heights, I'm 5 feet 6 inches, give or take. My shoes have a small wedge which probably adds maybe two inches? I'm also pretty particular about maxis having the right length (and not into spending a ton on an item I'm not sure how much I'll wear regularly), so this Old Navy one seemed perfect!

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit, I am obsessed with maxi skirts and dresses! And I am in dire need of more spring scarves, I love yours!


    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I want to might buy that F21 shirt....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like $12... I say: do it! Maybe Lena Dunham will wear it in the next episode of Girls and then we'll both know that it's fate (why does she wear so many of our shirts?).

      Delete
    2. thanks for looking past my "want to might buy" error. sheesh.

      Delete
    3. It's a sign of true friendship! Also, you forgave me that one time I mixed up "who's" and "whose" back when we were blogic-ing, so I owed you one.

      Delete
  6. love the top!!!nice blog!

    there is a giveaway on my blog! Would you like to join it?

    http://goldschnee.blogspot.de/2013/03/giveaway-lovelysally.html
    regards
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this look on you! that red scarf is the perfect pop of color :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    $1000 Visa Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty, Lily! You always find amazing ways to wear lace tops! I love it. I'm so jealous of your maxi dress find, I want a black one like something fierce!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover