Friday, March 15, 2013

October-inspired

plaid: jcrew via thrift, CA (similar) // sweater: f21 via thrift, CA (similar) // skirt: f21 via thrift, CA (similar) // boots: steve madden (similar) necklace: f21 (similar) // hat: f21, old

This is one of those outfits that I never thought I would ever wear. It's not particularly fashion-forward or earth-shattering, but for a long time I did not consider myself a skirt-person. If I did bother to wear one, it was because fanciness was required -- so the idea of wearing a basic, simple skirt just because was completely foreign. Plus, the hat. I don't know how I went so long in life without understanding this one basic truth about myself: I love hats. I thought I hated them, but I was wrong, so very wrong. Do you have any styles that you used to avoid, but now rock on the regular?

And, despite what past-me would have predicted, I felt totally myself in this look, (even with all the wrinkles in my skirt, because, well... that's just something that happens when you wear skirts from Forever 21), and I especially loved the Autumn vibe, which is my favorite season (New England fall foliage, we are gonna hang out so hard next year). Happy Friday, y'all!


16 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, Autumn in March! :-) Loved this - especially the little beaded collar and the plaid shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this outfit, and I know how you feel about tackling those challenges and wearing something 'new' but it paid off here! This style of skirt/combo really suits you!

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit so much! It's so fashion forward and put together. And I'm so into wearing plaid in unexpected ways--and your plaid shirt is so awesome. Anyways, I know what you mean about hats. When I bought a couple hats to see if I liked them I ended up loving them! The funny thing is that I love the way I look in hats, but I don't like walking around in them :p hopefully I'll get over that eventually...

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just followed your blog, please follow mine www.dede-moda.blogspot.com

    Thank you ;*

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this outfit and it is totally fashion forward! there are a lot of things i wear that make younger-me very proud (usually my more eclectic looks), but there are also tons of things i wear that i never expected. for one, a denim jacket. neeever did i think i'd wear that. or a maxi skirt. or button downs or cropped pants. pretty much everything i wear now. except the crazy stuff, i was always into that.

    but f'real. love this outfit. you look so good in hats.

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean jackets were the coolest when I was a kid. I think I had a tan-ish/white one but always wanted a blue one...

      Delete
    2. Jean jackets were the coolest when I was a kid. I think I had a tan-ish/white one but always wanted a blue one...

      Delete
  6. Отличный взгляд!

    Удачи,
    http://vgolove1.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! Maroon/wine hues are one of my favorite colors to wear and I love those boots too.

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your hair here!!! so cute with the beanie!! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely casual skirt outfit :)

    I really like your layering with it too, and that hat suits you so well! Hats tend to look weird on me so I don't wear them often.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit definitely has fall vibes - I love it so much! You're rocking that cute skirt and hat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look adorable! fall is my favorite season too - the colors, the cooler weather, the scarves, the boots! spring is fine and all, but fall is #1. can't wait to recreate this look once the time comes (and when I can wear skirts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely agree with you on the hat thing! I always felt stupid wearing them, but I've realized that I actually really like the way some look. Your whole outfit is so cute! Love it.

    Kaitlin
    teaandsequin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um you look SO cute! Love the hat on you, love the plaid peeking out, and skirts + boots is such an awesome combo :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't used to be a skirt person either. I was a mostly jeans person but I've started to branch out more. I love this outfit! The layers are so perfect!

    Amy
    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover