Monday, March 18, 2013

Muted morning


dress: vintage, thrifted CA (similar) // cardigan: thrifted, CA (similar) // boots: steve madden (similar) // belt: forever 21 (similar) // tights: hue (similar)

Oh, Monday. Sometimes you get the best of me, and I end up destroying all my weekend closet cleaning in one fell swoop, leaving a trail of discarded outfits in my wake. I was having one of those mornings, so I went back to the basics: perfect vintage dress, green cardigan (you can never have too many -- I swear) and my number one boots. When my brain isn't quite ready to face the day, I find it's best to stick with tried and true outfits. What's your favorite I-somehow-can't-figure-out-how-to-dress-myself-even-though-I-do-it-every-day-so-I'll-just-wear-this look?

I'm loving muted tones recently, even though Spring is basically here in the Bay. I guess it's technically time to put away my boots and break out the bright colors, but since it feels like we never really get Fall in San Francisco, I'm sneaking it in, now. What? It can be Autumn in March. (Want proof? Just last week, I pretended it was October.)


18 comments:

  1. Love the collar on that cute dress. You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this outfit, very sweet and really cute :>


    http://DownToStars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a gorgeous go to look! happy monday!

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice outfit!! the dress is great!! :) I love the combination of colors :)
    found you via TA link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great outfit! Beautiful shoes!

    good luck
    http://vgolove1.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I'm also pretending it's Fall on my blog today too! Whawha?!

    Love this dress, girl! My go-to for days I just can't muster any creativity is jeans, boots, and a v-neck. Easy!

    Blessings!
    Star
    http://www.beautyandbows.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love those boots!! especially with the cut of that dress!

    xo,Taylor
    iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty color pallet, love how you incorporate tights into your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the blue and brown combination is so PRETTY!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sky blues and chestnut browns together :-) This dress was such a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another outfit that I love!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the retro collar and the baby blue colour of that dress! You look great xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors in this outfit! And that scarf looks sooooo cozy :)

    ~Amy "Lady M"
    www.LadyMockingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lily. I love. that is all. Thanks for linking up!!

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  15. This please the eye ! Freedom clothes, this is it !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover