Friday, March 22, 2013

Dream dress

Dress: Madewell (exact) // Shirt: swapped with Sarah at Closet Bookworm (similar) // Bag: thrifted, CA (similar) // Shoes: thrifted, MA (similar) // Scarf: Target via thrift, CA (similar) // Locket necklace: thrifted,VT (similar)

Sometimes when I buy a new item, I'm so excited that I have to wear it right away. Not surprisingly, that's how I felt about this dress -- but, can you blame me? It's perfect. I salivated over it for months and months and now that I bought it, I have no regrets (despite it's hefty price tag, in comparison to my usual Goodwill purchases). Me and this dress? We're basically in love and about to head off on our honeymoon -- by which I mean, I'm blogging at 10:30 at night and not yet in bed, maybe because this dress is basically glorified pajamas. I promise I won't sleep in it, though.

PS. Linking up with Tara at Mix and Match Fashion for What I Wore to Work -- head on over to get inspired!

Last photo by Jason, first few by Sarah (who's also the one in the stripes!)

16 comments:

  1. I could see why you love this dress so much! So cute! I love how you wore that floral print top under! It makes a lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah! This dress looks like it's so versatile. I love the way you styled it with the shirt underneath - it definitely adds to your outfit to make it really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress! I've seen it on a few other bloggers also and have been lusting after it. I love how it looks with a button-up underneath :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness this dress is perfect on you. and it's going to lend itself to so many styling opportunities! love the pop of pattern you chose.

    i feel like every madewell dress is my dream dress. i won't even let myself try them on because they will fit too perfectly and then i won't have enough money to take it home with me. not that i have a 'written in' splurge purchase coming to me any time soon, but if i did it would be a madewell dress.

    glorified pajamas are the best. i just bought an xs maternity maxi dress and can't wait to live in it. so soft.

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look. The pop of floral from the blouse and coral from the scarf looks amazing with this dress!

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE BEST DRESS EVER! And expertly styled The pink ombre scarf and floral shirt were perfect accomplices ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is pretty cute, it makes me want a Madewell dress and then I remember that they fit me all kinds of weird. :) And I really like the floral shirt underneath!

    Jenn
    Olivine/Opal

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!!! I love this outfit so much!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, that dress is amazing. It looks so so comfortable. I'm so tempted to get it but I must hold myself back. If only I could go try it on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... clearly I think you should just get it online! It's perfect in every waaaaaaaaaaay. (I sung that last line. Because, you know... sometimes I sing about my clothes?)

      Delete
  10. that dress IS a dream!! then you layered a floral shirt underneath? i'm in love!! that last picture is priceless :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. You styled this dress so well! And your hair - OH MY GOODNESS. SO PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely dress, i like the way as you wear it



    http://theshortiesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't you two adorable! Looking through some of your posts/pics where you are seems so familiar... where are you in the world?

    Your newest follower,

    Michelle
    misanthropycreation.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! We were in Oakland, where we both used to work (in a span of about two weeks, we both moved to new cities, so sadly no more dual-bloggy pics). I'm about to hop on over and check out your blog -h- can't wait!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover