Monday, March 11, 2013

A better bootie

button-down tunic: forever 21 (similar; can't find exact online but it's a recent purchase!) // blazer: target via thrift, CA (similar) // skinnies: levi's via thrift, CA // boots: urban outfitters (similar) // necklaces: thrifted, CA and forever 21 // bag: thrifted, CA (similar) // belt: thrifted, VT 

This weekend I donated my boots from "Last Chance Thursday" (along with five other bags of unlikely-to-be-worn-again items) -- and I'm happy to report that I've felt no regrets, mainly because I knew I already owned this pair and I am enamored. I got them mid 30-30 (after I conveniently forgot about that no-shopping rule), but had to wait to wear them -- so obviously I did the only logical thing: I planned a billion outfits in my head showcasing all their glory. All this to say that I hope you like these boots, dear readers. They're gonna be showing up around here a lot in the next few weeks -- I can just tell.


12 comments:

  1. lordy you look pretty in blues, my dear. love the boots and can't wait to see them all over the place (on your feet).

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear the de-cluttering is going well. I'm slowly trying to start the process and I am so scared of letting things go! Now the less stuff you have, the happier you'll be with what you have since you know you love it, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but it is SO SO SO hard for me to let go of things, even when I *know* I won't really wear them again. I'm learning it's much harder for me to get rid of things once I've added them to my collection, so I'm using this move as an excuse to simplify my closet and hopefully exercise added scrutiny before making new purchases in the future. Why is it so hard to do this??

      Delete
  3. I love purging my closet, feels great! Love your outfit, those booties are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute shoes!
    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! I love those too! They are perfect.
    And that blouse, what? I want to steal it from ya!

    Oh.. and I'm glad I'm not the only one that plans millions of outfits around shoes. Wait, I should've expected this from you, seeing as we both love shoes.. a lot! tehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another absolutely adorable look! Your hair styles excite me:)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the boots you're wearing - almost bought them the other day but some of the reviews said they fell apart...how are they holding up? LOVE love love that green tunic over the skinny jeans too...so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thus far, they've held up fine (and I've worn them a *ton* already), except for a little stretching around the ankle. I'll keep ya posted!

      Delete
  8. Hi, i love your outfit! Especially shirt. You have amazing style, keep going! :)

    Wanna follow each other? Let me know then.
    http://glowingwish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are very pretty and this outfit is really nice ;)
    new follower ;)
    follow back, if you like. X andy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh! Your boots so versatile. They're a great choice :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover