Monday, February 18, 2013

Our little secret

dress: urban outfitters // shirt: urban outfitters // shoes: thrifted, CA // mini backpack: gift (thanks, ma!) // tote: curator // sunnies: street vendor, prague // necklace: forver 21

I've returned from spending the weekend at a lovely cabin in the woods (where we re-watched Cabin In The Woods -- sidenote: why would I do this? I am so horrible at scary movies!), and I've got to admit that my brain was a little behind (aka, still terrified; seriously, why would I think I could watch that movie and not be on edge all night?), so I didn't wear anything impressive today. Instead, here's a pre-haircut outfit from last weekend, which I wore out to meet up with a friend for a day devoted to exploring, thrifting and snacking -- and, might I add, we had great luck in all three. Particularly me, and particularly with thrifting; I snagged two vintage dresses, the most perfect leather LL bean boots (pictured below), and a(nother) moss green cardigan (you can never have to many. I swear), plus some other stuff that you'll see soon enough. I know, I know -- I have totally, completely failed at not shopping during this 30. In my defense, I think I held out for almost all of the first month, but since it's taking me so long to document each look (it's been about a month and a half since I started), I kinda decided to let that clause slide. Don't tell Kendi, okay? It'll be our little secret... that I just posted on the internet. Oops.

Looking at these pictures, I realize we captured two slightly different looks -- which do you prefer: shirt unbuttoned, necklace under, or shirt buttoned, necklace over? I think I'm partial to the former, since the overall vibe was so casual. 

Photos by Sarah -- thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Holy moly! I don't think I could've managed not buying those LL Bean boots either.

    Love that dress, and the casual look you created! :) Your blog is seriously becoming one of my favorites.

    K

    ps. I'd totally do something such as watching Cabin in the Woods whilst in a cabin..in the woods, and then be terrified for the rest of the night, tehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina - thanks! You're making me blush. I love your blog, too, so the feeling is totally mutual. As for the whole Cabin in the Woods thing... not my brightest idea. And now I've done that twice. TWICE! Apparently, I think I'm much braver than I actually am... Whoops.

      Delete
  2. wow you look adorable love your photos!!! I love vintage shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great gift for your girl friend - designer shoes in unique style, she must be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my blog! i'm now fifth freedom fashion's FIFTH follower. there's got to be a badge for at least alliteration for that!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh -- I'm honored to have you as a follower! Your blog was one of the first ones that I found and devoured and haven't stopped reading since. So, if I was giving out badges, there'd be one for alliteration, and one for inspiration, too. Too bad I'm not skilled enough to actually make them... so instead, I bequeath you said badges, virtually, emotionally. It's a thing, I swear.

      Delete
  5. LOVE those boots you scored! So cute. And I love watching scary movies but they always keep me up all night... I don't think I could handle watching one in a cabin in the woods.

    As for your look, it's super cute! I think I prefer the shirt unbuttoned with the necklace underneath. More casual and laid-back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the more casual iteration! :-) This is one of those outfits I want to nab from you. It's just so walkable, city-able.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover