Sunday, February 24, 2013

New layers

skirt: jcrew, thrifted CA // chambray: f21 // lace: zara // moss cardigan: gap via thrift, CA // shoes: thrifted, CO //
belt: thrifted, VT // mini backpack: gift (thanks, ma!)

This outfit is a perfect example of why I love remix challenges: I was scrolling through the archives of Calivintage and wanted to try to recreate a similar aesthetic. I love this chambray (I've basically been living in it these last few months), and I love this lace top too -- but it's felt decidedly less versatile. Now that I've realized I can use it for layering with more shirts than just a plain white tank top (duh), I'm brimming with new ideas. Plus, I really liked how this look came together, and I'm confident I wouldn't have stumbled onto it if I had access to my full wardrobe. 

I also really liked how it was pretty warm this weekend -- look ma, no tights! Given Portland Maine's current temperature (mid 30s -- eek!), I'm especially thankful for the temperate weather. For those of you facing the onset of (more) snow, you're in my thoughts. Stay warm, y'all!


12 comments:

  1. Now I get to be inspired! I have all the pieces to recreate the top part of this outfit and I don't think I would have thought of it until I saw this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa..I love the layer of the lace top over the chambray. My mind has literally been blown because I have both of those pieces in my closet and in my 30x30, aka, I can totally pull this off!

    But, you look absolutely gorgeous! I love those shoes! (and your jumping picture, tehe)

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a cute look!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEW GIVEAWAYS HERE:
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/sismade-giveaway-250-gfc-followers.html
    & HERE:
    http://theredlilshoes.blogspot.com.br/2013/02/international-giveaway-sorteio.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SUCH a cute look! Love that skirt, and the lacy top is so pretty :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie -- I feel like you've been rocking some great layers these days, so that's a high compliment!

      Delete
  6. Great outfit! Beautiful skirt!

    Do you want to follow each other?

    All the best,
    http://vgolove1.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Lovely combo of neutrals plus chambray! Glad you had some warm weather! Wish we had some of that! ;)

    Blessings, dear!
    www.beautyandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I love the layers and am so jealous of your bare legs. Also, you have the prettiest eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful look! I love the lace top paired with the chambray shirt...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing :) I love your shoes
    Followed you :)
    xoxo, seyh

    acethylen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. that collar is PERFECT! it totally makes the look!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover