Sunday, February 10, 2013

Everyday autumnal

rust skinnies: f21 // purple shirt: urban outfitters // cream cardigan: urban outfitters // boots: steve madden // belt: thrifted, VT // bag: thrifted, ME // scarf: h&m via thrift, CA

Some good things are happening here, dear reader. For starters -- oranges, purples and browns, oh my! (Forgive me -- I just took my niece to see Wicked and now I've got Wizard of Oz on the brain.) I'm loving this color combination and I'm not sure I would have ever stumbled onto it if not for this 30-30, so I guess I have to take back some of my grumbles from yesterday about finishing up this challenge. I'm feeling rejuvenated and inspired and maaaaaayble played dress-up for a good chunk of the afternoon. (Hint: I did.)

Secondly, let's talk about my hair and how it is (temporarily) perfect. Two major changes contributed to this shift: 1. I gave myself a haircut again and it worked out surprisingly well, and 2: I bought new shampoo and conditioner about a week ago, and I think my hair has finally adjusted to it. I'd been struggling with finishing off the remnants of my Bert's Bees for the last few months -- even though every time I use it, my hair feels heavy and greased up. I finally decided I was never going to make it through the last 1/4 of the bottle and tossed it. Now I'm using Deva Curl products (more info here) and a tiny dab of Lush's beer-infused shampoo (a gift to my boyfriend from his brother that I've co-opted), and guys. My hair! It's. So. Good. We even got a shot of where I am deep in thought about this recent phenomenon:


6 comments:

  1. Gurrl, I also use Deva Curl products! They have done good things for my otherwise frizzy, dry hair. We should talk hair sometime. I've got some curly hair tricks up m' sleeve. And yeas. The hair, so good. And the color combo. A-let me just say, wowza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurrl, how have we not talked hair yet? Yours is always so luscious and curl-inspiring. Let's make another Beer Revolution date JUST for this topic? I have so many feelings about it!

      Delete
  2. Love these colors together! Also the slouchy cardi + belt is so cute!

    Glad you found you ideal hair products! I can't use anything but Dove or my hair freaks out! Sometimes it takes trial and error to find that perfect combo!

    Hope you have a blessed week!

    www.beautyandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still creeping backwards in time.. I have the exact same issue with Burt's Bees! I have a bottle that's like 90% empty, and I just can't do it any more. Nature's Gate is my new hippie shampoo go-to. In case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover