Monday, February 11, 2013

Bring it on

skirt: thrifted, CA // stripes: h&m via thrift, CA // chambray: f21 // necklace: f21 // shoes: payless // clutch: thrifted, VT

Oh, hello Monday. I know we've had our differences in the past, but I'm feeling ready for you. It must have something to do with my outfit, because I definitely did not get enough sleep last night (it might be time to re-instigate my "no internet after 10 pm" rule). Between the pencil skirt and unexpected color pairing (turquoise and red, you guys! Who knew?), wearing this look makes me feel powerful, sleek and ready to start this week off right. So, bring it on, Monday. 

(Sidenote: please discuss -- Bring It On, great movie, or greatest movie? My undying devotion to Eliza Dushku means I'm a little biased. Make your case in the comments.)


11 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with this outfit. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Not to sound vain but... me, too.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the red and the turquoise! Well done!

    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. today was the first time in my 30/30/30 that I looked at my closet and said, eek? what to do? Partly because I haven't done laundry, mostly, I think, because it was Monday.. then I thought, what would Lily do? then I laughed because I immediately glanced at my pencil skirt! not today... but i did grab three things I felt like wearing put them together and used the accessories (and some attitude) to make it work. Thanks to you I am Bringing It On in camel cords, light grey crew neck and indigo sweater with lovely, bright Italian glass earrings. I even threw on a tinted lipgloss (my mommy version of your fabu lipstick)... xoxox you rock! i am loving this blog. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! Pencil skirts are definitely my go-to (and skinny jeans... but not together, I'm happy to say). I wish I could see all your 30 outfits! Today's sounds super cute. Maybe we can have a Blue Room reunion one of these days?

      Delete
  4. Omg, that skirt!!! Lovely! Nice style :-)
    -Chantal
    Www.stilldeeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's official. I'm stealing this color combo from you. Hope it's ok. ;)

    Blessings!
    www.beautyandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! That's an unexpected but totally great color combination! And I love your necklace!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute outfit!
    hello! :)
    xo
    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lurve this combo, esp. with the necklace!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover