Monday, February 25, 2013

An important introduction

skirt: jcrew via thrift, CA (similar) // tights: h&m, old // t shirt: gap, old  (similar) // jacket: banana republic, gift (thanks, ma!) // shoes: gap via thrift, CA // scarf: thrifted, CA (similar, ish) // belt: f21 // bag: thrifted, CA // earrings: gift--thanks, tim! (similar)

If you're a frequent reader 'round these parts, you'll probably recognize this wall-and-door backdrop -- it's right outside of my apartment and laziness often takes over, so I regularly pose for outfit pictures directly underneath my living room window. What you don't know is that my two cats, Marl Brae and Little Sister, find this whole thing extremely worrisome and distasteful. They do not approve, and can often be found scratching at the window pane, meowing at me and my camera man. So, today, I'd like to introduce these sweet felines of ours. Cats, meet blog. Blog, meet cats. And, you know... here are some outfit pictures, too. Come for the cats, stay for the clothes -- that's how we do it around here. 



19 comments:

  1. I heart this post. A lot.
    "come for the cats, stay for the clothes." xD

    They're adorable. Muggles starts whining when I manage get out of her sights. Keeps a close eye on me that one. (or she just wants to be outside too..) Something else I heart is this outfit, and those shoes. I always love your shoes though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and this shade of yellow. not one I have seen you in. It is lovely, especially with grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific outfit, and LOVE THE KITTIES SO MUCH.

    When I take outfit pictures on my front porch, Skeeter sits in the window and frets and yowls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Beautiful skirt!

    Many thanks for the comment! Follow you!

    http://vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the different orange-ey colors in this great outfit. and i love that your cats are just watching over you as you take pics! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just popped over from Feathers and Freckles, but i LOVE a remix challenge and can't wait to read more. This look is great. I'm gonna check out the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Jackie -- thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful outfit ;) Amazing!

    I follow you:) i hope u'll follow me back ;)
    www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! i like that your nosy neighbors are your own cats! anyway, i'm a big fan of gray v-necks, so this outfit is FANTASTIC!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As an avid reader of Dash Dot Dotty, your love of a good gray t is well known to me -- in fact, I may have even said to a friend, "I feel as though Dotty would approve of this look." She had no idea who I was talking about, but, you know... oh well?

      Delete
  9. That skirt is so pretty! I love that you paired it with a plain tee, and that cozy scarf is too cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so cute! i love the color scheme of your outfit. the cats look nice, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit. Your skirt is gorgeous, what a fun thrift find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love the dress and pics, i believe many readers would love to say so. Also excellent is the beautiful wedding dresses, you are recommended to have a view!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your posts are very good, i love the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover