Wednesday, February 20, 2013

230 Blue

coat: h&m // dress: gap // tights: h&m // booties: gap via thrift, CA //  stripes: h&m via thrift, CA // belt: italy souvenir // bag: f21 //  scarf: h&m via thrift, CA // necklace: f21

Holy moly, it was cold yesterday! Well, not really -- not actually, objectively "cold" by any real standards, like according to people who live in places where it actually gets, you know, cold. Like, below freezing cold. But, it was Bay Area cold and pretty windy, so I wore a shirt under a dress and my warmest tights, threw on a belt and a giant scarf and called it a day. I guess it's a good thing we delayed our move back East until April -- I'm not sure I'm tough enough to dive straight back into Maine winter. Snapping pics without my coat was brutal -- I'm in awe of those of you living in places with real weather; how do you manage to brave the outdoors for pictures? Do you have secret tips and tricks I should know about? I guess I'll figure it out soon enough!



11 comments:

  1. It's snowing here!!! I'm going crazy. SOCOLD!

    Love these sweater tights on you and that belt is diving!

    Blessings!
    www.beautyandbows.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shoes!
    And how you snazzed up the dress with the belt.

    Maine sounds pretty intimidating. Well, anything north of Oklahoma weather-wise sounds intimidating to me! I'm not sure what I'd if I ever move anywhere up north..what is this snow people speak of? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that dress with the belt. You look beautiful LOL snow is only pretty when it falls after that it is so annoying! Is spring here yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed back!
    Please check also my facebook page and like it if u can!

    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your tote bag! I'm most fed up with having to wear a huge parka most days, not my idea of a fun time haha
    - Time Stand Still

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsey! You'll have to give me tips for how to manage through actual winter weather and still look fashionable. If you're interested buying this tote bag (and I thoroughly recommend it), I got it recently from Forever 21 for under $4! I can't find it online, but maybe you can find it in a store?

      Delete
  6. Cute! I love this outfit, especially your scarf and belt. And brrrr I definitely remember those windy Bay Area days. It can get chilly! Stay warm and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stripes peeking out from the sleeves. And the green belt is a great touch.

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stripes peeking out from the sleeves are so cute! I also love that belt/sash. Makes the outfit that much more festive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that obi belt! BUT WHOSE FACE IS THAT? It really concerns me that you have a random person's face on your bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I read this as "it really concerns me that you have a random face on your blog," and I was all -- UGH, it's just eye make-up! Because not one, but TWO people did not actually recognize me in this get-up (and one of them was Will!). But, yes. Bag. That's what happens when you shop at Forever 21! I debated the purchase but it was $3, so... you can see which side won out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover